Essential Job Preparation Resources for University Students Pursuing a Career in the Software Industry
Are you a university student looking to prepare for your dream job in tech? Here's a list of some top-notch resources to help you get started:
1. Neetcode.io Practice Problems.
This website is a goldmine for coding problems! It has a Blind-75 minimum problem list with solutions. Blind 75 is a set of 75 algorithmic coding problems curated by Blind, a popular online community of tech professionals. These problems are considered essential for technical interview preparation, and many tech companies use them as a benchmark for evaluating candidates' coding skills.
the neetcode-150 is the complete set of problems that you should finish before graduation. All the questions are from the Leetcode platform, and they have a discussion forum where you can find top-rated solutions and techniques.
2. "Cracking the Coding Interview: 189 Programming Questions and Solutions" by Gayle Laakmann McDowell.
The author also shares valuable tips and advice for acing coding interviews, such as how to approach a problem, how to optimize solutions, and how to effectively communicate with interviewers.
Videos Site for All Technology Content
FreeCodeCamp on YouTube.
This YouTube channel is packed with premium content that is free of cost! It has a vast collection of tutorials, so if you're looking to learn something new, you should check here first.
GitHub Student Package.
GitHub offers a student package that provides a lot of premium subscriptions free of cost. To access the content, all you need is a university student email. You can find the link to the package here: https://education.github.com/pack
Recommended Resources from GitHub Student Package:
1. Interview Cake:
This is another great problem-solving resource. All the problems are similar to neetcode problem list, but they provide step-by-step guides text-based.
Recommended Courses from Educative:
- A Complete Guide to Launching Your Website from Local to Live
- Full-Stack Web Apps with Firebase
- Introductory Guide to SQL
- Database Design Fundamentals
- Definitive Guide to MongoDB
- Learn TypeScript: The Complete Course
- Introduction to Microservice Principles and Concepts
- Web Application Software Architecture 101
- Grokking Computer Networking
- Practical Guide to Kubernetes
- Docker for Developers
4. Azure Cloud Credit: Azure $100 Credit for exploring all Azure services. The best thing here it has one-year validity.
5. Free Domain: Namecheap, Name.com for Free 1-Year Domain. You can take one domain free of cost for one year.
Projects Tech Stack:
We recommend that you complete at least two projects using The MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js) or MERN (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js) Stack. Push your code to GitHub and also deploy the live projects in Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Netlify, or other cloud providers to understand the full life cycle from software development to software deployment. And also try to use a free domain to bind your project URL to make it live.
You can consider reading some good non-fiction books that can help you enhance your leadership skills and financial self-awareness. We highly recommend the following titles that we believe can provide valuable insights:
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness
- How To Talk To Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success by Leil Lowndes
Post a Comment